Balances & Scales
- Analytical Balances
- Balance & Scale Accessories
- Bench Scales
- Business Scales
- Check Weighing Scales
- Compact Balances
- Compact Scales
- Counting Scales
- Explosion Proof
- Floor Scales
- Hanging Scales
- Indicators and Terminals
- Mechanical Scales
- Moisture Analyzers
- Nutritional & Diet Scale
- Precision Industrial Balances
- Top Loading Balances
- Stainless Steel
- Beaker Accessories - Tongs & Brushes
- Bench Protectors
- Centrifuge Tubes
- Clamps & Supports
- Cleaning Aids
- Clearance Items
- Film and Foils
- Fume hoods
- Heating mantles
- Hot Plates
- Laboratory Freezers
- Milk Testing
- Mortars & Pestles
- pH Testing
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Stoppers & Corks
- Storage Cases
- ATP TESTING
- View All Categories
- Hide Categories
Milwaukee MW160 MAX pH/ORP/ISE/Temp Logging Bench Meter
Milwaukee MW160 MAX pH/ORP/ISE/Temp Logging Bench Meter
The Milwaukee MW160 4-in-1 MAX pH/OPR/ISE/Temp. Logging Bench Meter is fast, reliable, simple to operate, and is designed with a small lab space footprint. It is ideal for use by brewers, wine makers, growers, labs, food processing, water treatment and many other applications with challenging pH measurement needs.
The MW160 MAX is preferred by people testing all types of samples, viscus or not, in a variety of applications that cause other pH meters and electrodes to fail.
With up to 3-point calibration and 7 standard buffer choices, the meter can be quickly calibrated to a higher accuracy compared with 1 or 2-point calibration. The MW160 MAX meter is accurate to ±0.01 pH., 5x more accurate than some alternative meters. Have a need to read ISE? The MW160 MAX has a simple BNC connection for any parameter.
The meter comes with a double junction pH electrode and MA831R temperature sensor allowing the meter to automatically adjust the pH reading for the effect of temperature (ATC).
- Fast, easy-to-read results with large duel level digital LCD readout
- Extreme accuracy to ±0.01 pH | +/- 0.2 mv | +/- 1 mV | ISE +/-0.5% Full Scale | +/-0.4°C (+/-0.8°F)
- Extended range (-2.00 pH to 16.00 pH)
- Lightweight and small bench footprint
- ISE calibration up to 2 points
- Easy measurement: just place the pH electrode and temp. probe in the sample, gently stir and wait for the reading to stabilize
- Simple push button, automatic up to 3-point pH calibration for increased accuracy
- Up to 7 selectable pH calibration buffers (4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01 and 12.45)
- Refillable, double junction, lab grade pH electrode for low maintenance and high performance with a screw on cap to ensure proper storage
- Automatic Temperature compensation (ATC).
- Logging-on-Demand feature up to 50 samples per parameter
- Alphanumeric LCD display messages for friendly, intuitive information, warnings and error messages
- Internal clock date to keep track of different time-dependent functions (calibration, timestamp, calibration time out)
- Dedicated GLP key function
- 3-foot probe cables for extra flexibility when testing
- pH Range: -2.00 to 16.00 pH
- ORP Range: ±699.9 mV |±2000.0 mV
- ISE Range: 0.001 to 19999 ppm
- Range: -20.0 to 120.00°C (-4.0 to 248.0°F)
- pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
- mV Resolution: 0.1mV | 1 mV
- ISE Resolution: 0.001 (0.001 to 9.999) ppm | 0.01 (10.00 to 99.99) ppm | 0.1 (100.0 to 999.9 ppm) | 1 (1000 to 19999) ppm
- Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.01 pH @ 20°C / 68°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2mV / ±1 mV
- Accuracy: ±0.5% Full Scale (ISE)
- Accuracy: ±0.4°C | ±0.8°F
- Rel mV offsete: ±2000mV
- pH Calibration: up to 3-point automatic pH calibration | 7 standard buffers (pH 1.68, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01, 12.45)
- ISE Calibration: 1 or 2-point automatic, 6 standard solutions available
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic, -20.0 to 120.0°C (-4.0 to 248.0°F) or manual (without temperature probe)
- pH electrode: MA917B/1 glass, double junction pH electrode (supplied)
- Temperature probe: MA831R temperature probe (supplied)
- Power supply: 12VDC (included)
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 95%
- Dimensions Meter: 230 x 160 x 95 mm (9.0 x 6.3 x 3.7 inches)
- Weight Meter: 1.1 kg / (2.4 lbs)
- Dimensions Packaged: 355 x 120 x 255 mm (14.0 x 4.72 x 10.04 inches)
- Weight Packaged: 2.16 kg / (4.76 lbs)
- Warranty: 3 years on meter
CARE AND USE
pH meters usually start performing poorly because of problems with the probe, specifically the glass sensing bulb and the reference junction. The glass bulb loses sensitivity with use and will eventually fail, which is true of all pH probes. The reference junction is a small hole that allows the meter to compare the sample to a reference. If the junction hole gets clogged, the pH probe will no longer function.
The life of your pH electrode can be extended in the following ways:
Storage - The pH probe needs to be kept hydrated. Long periods of dry storage will damage the sensitivity of the probe. Allowing the probe to dry out may also result in the junction hole getting clogged. Storing in pH probe storage solution MA9015 or pH calibration buffers will help address both these issues. Do not store in tap water and DI water, this will damage the sensitivity of the probe. The best way to store the probe is with the probe's cap filled with storage solution or calibration buffer and the cap tightened to prevent leakage. It is also recommended to store the electrode upright to further reduce the potential for leakage.
Cleaning and Maintenance - Residue from the sample can impact the sensitivity of the sensing bulb and clog the junction. This is especially true if the sample has a lot of organic material. It is recommended to regularly soak your electrode in cleaning solution MA9016.
It is also recommended to:
- Inspect the electrode for damage or scratches. If they are present, replace the electrode.
- Inspect the cable. The connection cable and insulation must be intact.
- Connectors should be clean and dry
- Rinse off salt deposits with water or DI water.
Calibration - The pH sensing bulbs become less sensitive over time so make sure that you are calibrating regularly to keep your meter accurate. Also, calibrate after cleaning or a long period of storage.
Ohaus Starter™ 2200 pH Bench Meter
Ohaus AQUASEARCHER™ AB23PH pH Bench Meter