- View All Categories
- Hide Categories
Milwaukee MW101 PRO pH Meter
Milwaukee MW101 PRO pH Meter
The Milwaukee MW101 PRO pH meter is reliable, fast, tough and easy to use. It is ideal for brewers, wine makers, hydroponic growers and farmers. The meter delivers fast results to ±0.02 pH accuracy with two-point calibration.
- Fast, easy to read results with large digital LCD readout
- Accurate to ±0.02 pH with a 0.00-14.00 pH range
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy measurement: just place the probe in the sample, gently stir and wait for the reading to stabilize
- Simple manual two-point calibration for increased accuracy
- Gel-filled, double junction lab grade pH electrode for low maintenance and high performance. It has a screw on cap to ensure proper storage (SE220 probe included)
- 3 feet probe cables for extra flexibility when testing
- Auto shut off and low power demand for approx. 300 hours of continuous use. (battery included)
- pH Range: 0.00 to 14.00 pH
- pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
- pH Accuracy: ±0.02 pH
- Temperature Compensation: Manual, 0 to 50°C
- Calibration: Manual, in 2 points through offset and slope trimmers
- pH Electrode: SE220 with 3-foot cable (included)
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 95%
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 300 hours of continuous use
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 3.1 x 1.6 inches
- Weight: 7.8 ounces (with battery)
CARE AND USE
pH meters usually start performing poorly because of problems with the probe, specifically the glass sensing bulb and the reference junction. The glass bulb loses sensitivity with use and will eventually fail, which is true of all pH probes. The reference junction is a small hole that allows the meter to compare the sample to a reference. If the junction hole gets clogged, the pH probe will no longer function.
The life of your pH electrode can be extended in the following ways:
- Storage - The pH probe needs to be kept hydrated. Long periods of dry storage will damage the sensitivity of the probe. Allowing the probe to dry out may also result in the junction hole getting clogged. Storing in pH probe storage solution MA9015 or pH calibration buffers will help address both these issues. Do not store in tap water and DI water, this will damage the sensitivity of the probe. The best way to store the probe is with the probe's cap filled with storage solution or calibration buffer and the cap tightened to prevent leakage. It is also recommended to store the electrode upright to further reduce the potential for leakage.
- Cleaning - Residue from the sample can impact the sensitivity of the sensing bulb and clog the junction. This is especially true if the sample has a lot of organic material. It is recommended to regularly soak your electrode in cleaning solution MA9016.
- Calibration - The pH sensing bulbs become less sensitive over time so make sure that you are calibrating regularly to keep your PRO pH meter accurate. Also, calibrate after cleaning or a long period of storage.