- View All Categories
- Hide Categories
Milwaukee MA886 Digital Sodium Chloride Refractometer
Milwaukee MA886 Digital Refractometer to Determine Sodium Chloride in Food
The MA886 digital refractometer uses the refractive index to determine the sodium chloride concentration in aqueous solutions during food preparation.
It utilizes internationally recognized references for unit conversion and temperature compensation. NaCl concentration can be measured in 4 different ways: g/100 g, g/100 mL, Specific Gravity, and °Baumé. Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on 3 of the ranges.
With the MA886, you can get a digital readout within seconds. It is accurate to ±2 ppt and has automatic temperature compensation (ATC).
The MA886 is not designed for measuring salinity in sea or aquarium water, the MA887 should be used for that application.
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LCD readout
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample and results in less than 2 seconds
- Automatically temperature compensated
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water
- Easy-to-clean stainless steel sample well, unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight", and protection against water jets
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included)
- Range: 0 to 28 g/100 g | 0 to 34 g/100 ml | 1.000 to 1.216 Specific Gravity| 0 to 26 ° Baumé | 0 - 80 C / 32 - 175 F
- Resolution: 0.1 g/100 g | 0.1 g/100 ml | 0.001 Specific Gravity | 0.1 ° Baumé | 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2 g/100 g | ±0.2 g/100 ml | ±0.002 Specific Gravity | ±0.2 ° Baumé | ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurements Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample Volume: 100 µL (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell: Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery: Type 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 readings
- Auto-shut off: After 3 minutes of non-use
- Enclosure Rating: IP65
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.6 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs (0.66 kg)