- View All Categories
- Hide Categories
Cytiva Whatman™ Quantitative Ashless, Grade 42 Circles
With the finest retention of all Cytiva Whatman ashless filter paper grades, Grade 42 is designed for gravimetric analysis and sample preparation for instrumental analysis.
Whatman ashless Grade 42 quantitative filter papers are suitable for a wide range of critical analytical filtration procedures for quantitative analysis. Grade 42 filter papers have the finest retention of all Whatman ashless filter paper grades. Grade 42 is designed for gravimetric analysis and sample preparation for instrumental analysis.
- Ashless: 0.007% ash maximum
- Fine (2.5 μm) nominal particle retention rating, eliminate large particles that might otherwise interfere with sensitive instrumentation
- Herzberg filtration speed of 1870 s
- Commonly used as a calcium carbonate filter
- Particularly suitable for gravimetric analysis
What are Whatman ashless quantitative filter papers?
Whatman ashless quantitative filter papers are high-purity filters that support accurate analysis in applications sensitive to very low levels of background contamination and in gravimetric analysis where ash content might affect weight measurements of combusted samples. Cytiva's high-purity Whatman ashless filter papers are suited for:
- Environmental analysis: soil filtration analysis, when separating solid matter from aqueous extracts
- Retention of small particles
- Collection of trace elements and radionuclides from the atmosphere